Home

The page you are viewing is part of our 160,000 page PDF discussion forum archive spanning 1999-2011.
Go to the new Planet PDF forum to join the PDF community.

Search
 Advanced   

PLATINUM
SPONSOR

Topic  
Go to previous topicPrev TopicGo to next topicNext Topic
JDPSI
JDPSI

Total Messages 2

Subject:Add Cover Sheet to PDFs - Batching

Hello,

I have a few hundreds PDF's that are published by my company. They don't have any source information on them and I figured It would be easiest to add a cover sheet and maybe a closing sheet (back cover) to each of them. I'm hoping to accomplish this via a batch process where I can add either a cover or both a front and back cover to each of them with our company information on them.

Thank you in advance!

Posted: 08 Jun 2010 04:19 AM
Left Button SpacerView user's profile profileRight Button Spacer

gkaiseril
gkaiseril

Total Messages 3000

You can use Acrobat Pros Batch Processor. See Intro to Acrobat 5 Batch Processing by Dr. D. P. Story , http://www.planetpdf.com/developer/article.asp?ContentID=Intro+to+Acrobat+5+Batch+Processing+&gid=6518 . You will have to name a process to insert a cover page and then select the "Page" Sequence" to 'Add' the 'Insert Page' standard sequence and then edit the commands for the 'Insert Page' sequence to identify the file to insert and then indicate that page is be inserted before page 1. You can then create or add the process to insert a page after the last page.

Posted: 08 Jun 2010 07:40 AM

(Deleted User)
(Deleted User)

Total Messages 0

Why not convert your PDF file to flipbooks with front and back covers? Flip PDF is a tool just for converting PDF files to flip books with page-flipping effect, and you can view in webpages, or output ZIP, EXE or Burn to CD directly.
Get more information in below link:
http://www.flipbuilder.com/flip-pdf/index.html

Posted: 08 Jun 2010 01:53 PM

aandi
aandi

Total Messages 17064

I think it would be a very bad idea to convert to EXE.

Posted: 08 Jun 2010 06:32 PM

JDPSI
JDPSI

Total Messages 2

@gkaiseril

I beleive that's what I'm looking for! Thank you!

@Finalxman

The goal is to keep the PDF in the PDF format so that wouldn't work. Neat idea though!

@aandi
Agreed! TY

Posted: 09 Jun 2010 12:37 AM

gkaiseril
gkaiseril

Total Messages 3000

Many business organizations restrict executable files in email. Also making it an executable file may prevent use of documents in other OS like Macintosh and UNIX/LINUX both of which now support PDF. Also could prevent access by PDA like BlackBerry, iPod/iPhone/iPad, or Palm devices.

Just this morning I read a PDF attached to an email on an iPod Touch while waiting inline at the grocery store.

Posted: 09 Jun 2010 04:36 AM
Originally Posted: 09 Jun 2010 04:31 AM

Go to previous topicPrev TopicGo to next topicNext Topic

go

Top | News | Developer | Find PDF Tools | Sponsorship | Tips | Home

Debenu's Planet PDF - a comprehensive site exclusively focused on Adobe Acrobat/PDF users and uses. Debenu's Planet PDF - Resources for Adobe Acrobat and PDF users

Please post PDF-related questions to our Planet PDF Forum forums.planetpdf.com. To send comments about this site please visit our contact page.
Planet PDF, Planet PDF Forum, PDF SDK - Debenu Quick PDF Library and Debenu are all copyright
2011 Debenu Pty Ltd.. All Rights Reserved. Privacy policy.